Manages traffic events including monitoring the roadways to detect events, confirming events, monitoring of events through all phases via Closed Circuit Television (CCTV).
1. Dispatches Road Rangers to manage traffic events.
2. Manages traffic events including the monitoring of roadways to detect events, confirming events, and monitoring of events through the phases via CCTV.
3. Disseminates information to the public via 511/Florida Traveler Information System (FLATIS) and Miami-Dade Expressway (MDX) Dynamic Message Signs (DMS), regional Traffic Management Center (TMC)s, and other responding agencies.
4. Adheres to the guidelines set forth in the Standard Operating Guidelines (SOG).
5. Completes shift change reports as required by the SOG.
6. Handles call from the Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) communications center and other agencies, advising them of events along the highway.
7. Dispatches Road Rangers and monitors Road Ranger activity including the monitoring of the Automatic Vehicle Loader (AVL) system to provide oversight of the Road Ranger operations.
8. Manages events to include monitoring the roadways, detecting events, monitoring the events, collecting information and disseminating information.
9. Monitors 511/FLATIS website (www.fl511.com) to ensure correction information is being reported.
10. Monitors FHP website to collect information and to ensure correction information is being reported.
11. Completes required logs accurately and within the set time frame.
12. Coordinates with partner TMC (District VI, FL Turnpike) ensuring seamless information to this public.
13. Understand and abide by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Code of Business Conduct.
14. Perform all other duties prescribed by management.
1. Team and customer oriented, provides superior services to other related departments.
2. Must have strong working knowledge of all required reference material.
3. Experience in the development, implementation and monitoring of programs that assure a safe work environment in compliance with all appropriate regulations. Strong knowledge of OSHA standards, hazardous materials regulations, and industrial hygiene.
4. Must be able to multi-task, working in a fast paced environment, meeting tight deadlines in a timely manner. Demonstrates flexibility by adjusting readily to changing priorities. Makes decisions independently on problems and methods using the best available information at the time.
5. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to effectively and tactfully communicate with many levels of personnel in a variety of environments. Must be able to tactfully navigate delicate situations with finesse and sensitivity.
6. Must have strong computer skills to be able to efficiently use the software provided to maintain the operation and required data. Must be detail oriented with a strong sense of motivation and drive to constantly perform at a high level of expertise.
7. Fluent English reading and writing skills to be able to read and understand guidance for day to day work requirements.
8. Must maintain a valid United States driver’s license.
9. May be required to bend, climb, stoop, crawl, twist, walk and use all extremities depending on the work requirements. Must be capable of standing, sitting, walking, climbing and kneeling for long periods of time.
10. Able to work weekends, evenings, holidays and flexible hours when necessary.
11. An ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or the equivalent and 5 years’ experience in managing/monitoring roadways.