*This job is contingent upon award of contract.
Performs work in construction management, programming/base development, and/or operations and maintenance (O&M) functions. Monitors/manages construction projects for new construction, renovations, and improvements to real property facilities from start to finish, including the performance of pre-construction site surveys all the way to completion of as-built drawings.
Provides management, planning, development, organizational, administrative, and coordination services for all base real property programs.
NOTE: THIS JOB IS LOCATED IN KUWAIT.
1. Performs design work for new construction, renovation, and improvement projects for real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering. Design projects are related to a wide variety of facilities and infrastructure systems, including: earthwork; airfield and roadway pavement systems; high and low voltage electrical systems; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); water and sewage (plumbing); fire suppression; control and alarm systems; etc. which interface with other engineering specializations.
2. Interprets and adapts traditional methods and approaches in developing design calculations, layouts, drawings, and specifications that support project objectives and standards. Prepares conceptual studies and sketches that indicate pertinent design features, material, equipment, and specifications.
3. Develops cost estimates and time schedules.
4. Reviews and analyzes preliminary and final designs, plans, and specifications for technical efficiency and adequacy. Prepares necessary correspondence, technical reports, contract documents, fact sheets, and status reports and prepares or oversees the preparation of final construction drawings.
5. Coordinates all design phases with appropriate managers and staff elements. Maintains current engineering data for assigned projects. May act as a project liaison with Army Corps of Engineers or other design agencies as required to gather information, objectives and action items to be presented to the COR in order to gain direction from the Government.
6. Prepares architect and engineer (A&E) statements of work (SOW). Provides technical review of A&E design calculations, cost estimates, analyses, drawings, and specifications to ensure compliance with project requirements. Presents technical review comments to the COR in order to gain direction from the Government. Serves as a technical representative for negotiation and/or administration of contracts.
7. Coordinates projects with engineers in other disciplines or with architects. Applies knowledge of other disciplines to determine coordination required to ensure all design considerations have been addressed.
8. Monitors and/or manages projects for new construction, renovations, and improvements to real property facilities, including utility systems, utilizing a professional knowledge of engineering.
9. Oversees projects which on a recurring basis including work on airfield runways, utility systems, base utility plants, aircraft maintenance shops/hangars, recreation facilities, administrative offices, dormitories, etc.
10. Provides management, planning, development, organizational, administrative, and coordination services for all base real property programs. Reports to the COR who oversees the overall planning, direction, and timely execution of program activities.
11. Develops project plans for each program, identifies short- and long-term goals and objectives. Determines resource requirements and prepares written plans and schedules. Incorporates federal, USAF, Host Nation, and local regulatory requirements into program design, implementation, and evaluation.
12. Manages all space utilization requests and issues. Determines use of all land, space in buildings, and other facilities both on and off base. Conducts extensive space utilization surveys and analyzes all space requirements for compatibility, conformance with allowable criteria, recommends changes and advises leadership on appropriate actions.
13. Uses computer/ computer software such as information management programs ( e.g. Microsoft Office), computer aided design and drafting (CADD) programs (e.g., AutoCAD, and project tracking programs (e.g. Microsoft Project) and other engineering design calculation software packages to solve engineering problems with solutions presented to the COR in order to facilitate work.
14. Complies with health, safety and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment. Ensures deferral and local codes concerning health, safety, and environment are strictly adhered to in the programming, design, and construction of real property facilities.
15. Understands and abides by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Code of Business Conduct.
16. Performs all other duties prescribed by management and as indicated in the Performance Work Statement.
Candidates for this position must be a degreed mechanical engineer with a minimum of 5 years of design experience and be capable of providing mechanical design services including determination of HVAC loads, equipment selection, duct sizing and routing, and interior plumbing design.
In addition, must have three years of USAF Real Property experience and an understanding of ACES-RP software.
Must be able to multi-task, working in a fast paced environment, meeting tight deadlines in a timely manner.
Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to effectively and tactfully communicate with many levels of personnel in a variety of environments. May be working in a multicultural environment where knowledge of local customs and laws would be required. Must be able to tactfully navigate delicate situations with finesse and sensitivity.
Must have strong computer skills to include the capability to perform basic functions (i.e. manipulate drawings, site/floor plans, etc.) in AutoCAD 2007 or equivalent. Must be able to compose spreadsheets for a variety of purposes as well as effectively communicate through the written media. Must be detail oriented with a strong sense of motivation and drive to constantly perform at a high level of expertise.
Must be dependable, consistently at work and on time, follow instructions well, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance. A demonstrated ability to monitor their own work to ensure accuracy and quality is essential.
Be able to provide WGT 424 certificate of completion or equivalent.
Fluent English reading and writing skills to be able to read and understand guidance for day to day work requirements.
May be required to maintain physical standards specified by regulation for the area of assignment.
Must possess or be able to obtain the following;
U.S. Secret Security Clearance.
A valid US driver's license.
A valid US passport.
Country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
An international driver's license and capability of obtaining a USAF flight line driver’s license.