The Commercial Roofer, Maintenance Technician performs general maintenance and repair of roofing systems for various types of commercial facilities. Additionally, performs general maintenance functions in the areas of carpentry, interior/exterior structures, concrete/masonry, and routine maintenance activities.
1. Perform the demolition, installation and/or repairs of multiple roof types to include modified bitumen, hot mop, single-ply, PVC, EDPM, gravel, T.P.O., metal, clay tile and shingle roof systems.
2. Identify and transport materials and equipment during projects, prepare the job site for setup and cleanup, ensure the overall safety of the work zone, and return the job site to normal operation.
3. Oversee contractor performance of various types of roofs system major repairs in accordance with manufacturer specifications.
4. Inspect facilities for damages and proactively identify failing systems, minor/major repairs, and other potential issues.
5. Performs various building/facility maintenance and repair activities for interior and exterior structures/walls.
6. Assists other crafts and trades personnel in their daily operations as required.
7. May be required to perform general maintenance activities (e.g. landscaping, painting, plumbing, etc.)
8. Demonstrate good safety practices and establish work areas compliant with OSHA safety standards and practices.
9. Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Project Manager.
10. Requires travel to various facilities on the Florida Turnpike, company vehicle provided.
11. Opportunities for overtime and work on nights and weekends may be required.
· High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
· Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in commercial roofing or commercial maintenance, five (5) years preferred.
· Demonstrates knowledge and experience with various types of roofing systems.
· Experience w/concrete/masonry and interior/exterior structures and finishing a plus.
· Ability to work out in the elements and high off the ground, lift and transport heavy objects, work in various types of weather conditions.
· Ability to operate a variety of standard power tools and equipment in a safe and proficient manner.
· Must maintain a valid United States driver’s license and demonstrate the ability to operate a vehicle and tow an attached trailer.
· Basic computer skills with Windows based systems.
· Basic English skills desired, bilingual a plus