Performs maintenance and repairs on various types of commercial facilities. As part of a maintenance team, the Maintenance Technician will perform routine, reactive and emergency maintenance of facilities and its components.
1. Performs preventive and routine maintenance for various building components to include electrical systems, plumbing, interior/exterior finishes, lighting, roofing systems, etc.
2. Repair and/or replace electrical devices to include light switches, ballasts, fixtures, outlets, circuit breakers, fuses, etc.
3. Repair and/or replacement of building doors, door hardware, windows, floor tile, ceiling tile, drywall, etc.
4. Perform plumbing work such as clearing clogged lines, installation and/or repair of new plumbing fixtures, repairs water leaks, etc.
5. Inspects all HVAC systems to include fans, exhausts, ductwork, etc.
6. Inspects building roofs, flashings, masonry, building interiors & exteriors, walkways, stairways, offices, and common areas.
7. Repair and monitor safety equipment such as fire "Exit" signs and emergency lighting. Make general repairs of emergency doors, etc.
8. Perform or oversee contractor performance of preventive maintenance tasks and repair work to the highest quality standards.
9. Demonstrate good safety practices and establish work areas compliant with OSHA safety standards and practices.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Project Manager.
11. Requires travel to various facilities on the Florida Turnpike, company vehicle provided.
12. Opportunities for overtime and work on nights and weekends may be required.
· High School Diploma/GED equivalent, associates preferred.
· Minimum of five (5) years’ experience working in a commercial maintenance or construction position, 10 years preferred.
· Demonstrates knowledge and experience with various types of building components and systems. Electrical experience w/knowledge of fire detection and suppression systems a plus.
· Ability to operate a variety of standard power tools and equipment in a safe and proficient manner, ability to operate heavy equipment/machinery a plus.
· Must maintain a valid United States driver’s license and demonstrate the ability to operate a vehicle and tow an attached trailer.
· Basic computer skills with Windows based systems.
· Basic English skills desired, bilingual a plus.