Performs general maintenance and repair on various types of commercial facilities requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in trades such as painting, carpentry, plumbing, contractor escorting and oversight, and janitorial.
1. Replace electrical receptacle covers, switches; using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings; repairing or replacing sinks, water coolers, toilets, painting structures and equipment; replacing damaged sheet rock, paneling, floor tiles, and ceiling tiles; hanging doors and installing door locks.
2. Installs or repairs any of a variety of electrical equipment, painting, plumbing and masonry.
3. Performs grounds maintenance to include mulching, weeding, mowing, pruning, tree trimming, etc.
4. Performs light janitorial services to include sweeping, mopping, litter collection, emptying trashcans, etc.
5. Escorts subcontractor and vendors while accessing owner facilities and oversees quality of services provided.
6. Assists other crafts and trades personnel in their daily operations as required.
7. Demonstrate good safety practices and establish work areas compliant with OSHA safety standards and practices.
8. Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Project Manager.
9. Opportunities for overtime and may be required to perform job duties in an emergency and serve “on call” during off hours.
10. Travel to various facilities on the Florida Turnpike required.
· High School Diploma/GED equivalent.
· Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in a maintenance or construction position, five (5) years preferred.
· Practical skills and knowledge carpentry, masonry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, janitorial, etc.
· Ability to operate a variety of standard power tools and equipment in a safe and proficient manner.
· Must maintain a valid United States driver’s license and demonstrate the ability to operate a vehicle. Towing a hitched trailer or operating equipment (e.g. forklift, scissor lift, bucket truck) a plus.
· Basic computer skills with Windows based systems.
· Basic English skills desired, bilingual a plus