The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Health, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science or equivalent; relevant MS degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years (staff level) of relevant occupational safety and health/industrial hygiene experience including the performance of traditional industrial hygiene (IH) surveys and audits; indoor air quality (IAQ) and noise assessments; asbestos, lead-based paint (LBP) and mold surveys/investigations and abatement management; asbestos fiber release assessments; and/or environmental health and occupational safety training experience.
- State of Illinois Asbestos Building Inspector and/or Air Monitoring Specialist certifications.
- 40-hr OSHA HAZWOPER certification preferred.
- Strong oral/written communication abilities.
- Proposal/report preparation and cost estimating experience desired.
- The ideal candidate will have had prior consulting experience and working with clients having a union work force environment with an understanding of the work activities with an involvement in occupational safety and health, asbestos/lead-based paint, IAQ, and other health and safety, and emergency response and preparedness projects.
- Must be willing to travel from 10 to 25% of the time, estimated.
- NIOSH 582/ 582E trained Phase Contrast Microscopy analyst preferred.
- State of Illinois Asbestos Management Planner or Project Designer is a plus.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification or commitment to obtain certification in the next 3 to 6 years is a plus.