Louis Berger is currently looking to expand its Transportation Engineering group within its Las Vegas or Carson, NV office, and is seeking Senior Highway Engineer to lead engineering efforts through managing the design of highway design projects and expanding the office transportation group. Responsibilities will include overseeing the preparation of calculations, plans, specifications, cost estimates, technical reports, and public presentations. The candidate will have the opportunity to support both local and national key projects, will work collaboratively with other engineers on projects with the State DOTs, regional and local agencies and will take on the following responsibilities:
- Planning, executing and delivering the engineering for major highway projects.
- Proactively engage with clients and contractors to prepare high quality, technically efficient and cost effective solutions
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients and engineering partners.
- Assist with civil/highway, drainage/stormwater, utility and traffic engineering designs of transportation networks and systems infrastructure.
- Apply civil engineering techniques and processes to identify improvements for various project phases involving transportation engineering works including concept development, preliminary design, final design, procurement, construction and operation.
- Obtain project data and information concerning transportation engineering works and requirements including drawings, specifications, project cost information, etc.
- Oversee and assist in the preparation of reports documenting all findings, conclusions and recommendations resulting from the analysis.
- Perform all other duties that may be requested by the Transportation Engineering Department Manager.