Louis Berger Services is currently looking for a full time Air Traffic Control Maintenance Chief to support our LOGCAP V operation at the US Army Udairi Airfield (UAAF) in Kuwait.
The ideal candidate will lead a team of technicians to help ensure safety of flight by performing field and sustainment – level maintenance and installation of all air traffic control (ATC) equipment. The technicians are responsible for the maintenance and installation of air traffic control communications, navigation aids, landing systems and airfield electronics.
· Serving as the senior maintenance technician responsible for establishing a training program and training all subordinates in accordance to the applicable regulations
· Leads a team of technicians and schedule work to maintain and repair air traffic control communication and navigation aids such as radios, digital voice recorders, communication switches, touch screen displays and systems including Enhanced Terminal Voice Switch, airfield lighting, navigational aids, landing, and meteorology
· Schedule official flight inspections and flight checks as required to determine whether Airfield Navigational Aids performances are satisfactory according to applicable military and FAA publications and tolerance
· Manage the ATC Maintenance Certification Program
· Read airfield wiring diagrams; troubleshoot and repair multi-step airfield lighting to include Medium Intensity Approach Lighting with Sequence Flasher and Constant Current Regulator/Microprocessor Controlled Regulator
· Install, adjust, and maintain ATC communication and navigation aids
· Provide technicians with training materials to achieve comprehensive training on systems, subsystems, and equipment
· Provide on-going informal performance feedback and periodic formal performance assessments
· Submit routine reports in accordance with contract requirements
· Coordinate maintenance-related issues such as Letters of Agreements, on-call rosters, and Navigational Aids scheduled maintenance with Facility Chief or Air Traffic Manager
· Perform 24-hour on call duties on a rotating basis
· Perform other duties as assigned by the airfield manager