Louis Berger Services is currently looking for a Highway Maintenance Technician to fill a full-time role in Northern Virginia. The position is responsible for performing general maintenance of the highway maintenance project assigned.
**This position is contingent upon award of contract.**
• Cleans and grades ditches, drainage structures, highway road shoulders, slopes
• Repair work including, but not limited to, repair of fences, sign repair, litter debris removal, and other highway maintenance activities to include emergency response
• Use all equipment safely
• Drive standard shift vehicles
• Operates a variety of mechanical equipment, including but not limited to, bed edgers, commercial mowers (ztr’s and possible bush hog), blowers, dump trailers, chain saw, and line trimmers.
• Care for equipment and notifies management of needed repairs.
• Litter pickup and debris removal from interstate roadways.
• Be able to repair roadway potholes from interstate traffic.
• Must have valid driver's license; CDL strongly preferred
• Be able to lift fifty to sixty pounds (50 - 60lbs.)
• Be able to drive manual transmission truck
• Be able to comply with Company Drug and Alcohol Policy
• Be able to work overtime, nights and weekends
• Highway maintenance or construction skills are preferred; roadside herbicide experience strongly preferred
• MOT certificate must be obtained