Louis Berger Services (LBS) is seeking a qualified and professional Bridge Maintenance Specialist to join the Infrastructure Asset Management team. The Bridge Maintenance Specialist will be located in the Charleston, SC area.
*This position is contingent upon award of contract.*
· Responsible for developing and implementing preventative maintenance program for moveable bridges
· Inspect, maintain and repair bridge structures
· Must have mechanical and lubrication experience (Industrial experience is a plus)
· Perform duties work beyond basic mechanic work, including but not limited to plumbing, painting, pressure cleaning and other type work as required.
· Use smart phone/tablet proficiently for electronic communications including email, texts, etc.
· HS Diploma or GED; additional vocational or technical training strongly preferred
· 5+ years of directly relevant experience strongly preferred (previous bridge work a strong plus)
· Valid Driver’s License and transportation to and from job site
· Must provide basic mechanics tools.
· Ability to work with motors, gear boxes, bearings, etc.
· Skilled with micrometers and feeler gauges for measuring close tolerances and fits
· Must be able to work with cutting torches
· Must be able to read and interpret structural framing plans
· Hydraulic controls knowledge and repair ability (preferred)
· Know proper lockout/tag out procedures.
· Must speak, read and write English.
· Must be able to stand, bend and reach for extended periods of time, bend or stoop in confined spaces, climb ladders, walk for extended periods of time, work under stressful conditions, and move heavy objects.
· Must be self-motivated and able to accomplish tasks.
· Must have a safety conscious attitude. The employee is expected to use safe work practices at all times and follow safety policies. Report on the job hazards.