Louis Berger, a WSP company, is seeking Construction Inspectors to perform field construction engineering and inspection duties on a large, complex, high profile, rail/transit, design/build (DB) project in the Boston MA area - the $1 billion Green Line Extension (GLX). LBUS is a major partner of the Program & Construction Management (PM/CM) team overseeing this project. A successful candidate will:
- Ensure compliance with the contract documents.
- Maintain records that document the project by preparing daily reports and computations.
- Inspect various aspects of the work including but not limited to: railroad power, catenary and signal work, concrete installation, drainage installation, bridge and retaining wall work.
- Ensure safety and quality on the project.
- Ensure use of approved materials, methods, designs, working drawings and shop drawings.
- Track progress and recommend item payment estimates based on accepted installed quantities.
- Other duties may include but not be limited to the following: perform complex computations, pick up material samples, perform concrete testing, and perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Resident Engineer.