Louis Berger Services is currently looking for a Quality Control Manager to fill a full-time role in Zone 2 of the Florida Turnpike.
1. Perform routine inspections on assigned percentage of completed work orders as dictated by AM contract stipulations to verify compliance with standards.
2. Perform monthly field Maintenance Rating Program (MRP) inspection, as directed by FDOT random sampling, and compile results for project review and action.
3. Perform Quality Control Inspections on structure repairs from Feasible Action Review Committee (FARC) issued work orders and review process and documents to ensure compliance with required procedure for timely close out.
4. Keep current and accurate records to comply with the District Quality Assurance Review stipulations and requirements, and assist Project Manager with documentation and compilations for inspection by Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).
5. Review and inspect documentation required for customer service, incident response, herbicide application, scheduled asset inspection reports, monthly work reports, and any requested documents or reports prior to submittal to FDOT.
6. Compile documentation and reports for Quality Assurance Manager’s review and approval. Maintain project database with current information required to produce accurate reports to the client.
7. Support as needed, the implementation of Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) safety controls by setup and removal of traffic control devices, including, but not limited to; cones, message/arrow boards, temporary signage, etc.
8. Clear roadside debris, including, but not limited to; large and small dead animals, debris on or off the road.
9. Advise Project Manager of changing policies and conflicts with standards on current or planned work.
10. Track QC work order status and complete timesheet.
11. Understand and abide by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Code of Business Conduct.
1. Must be computer literate in all Microsoft programs required for reporting on spreadsheets and graphs as needed.
2. Ability to travel project area to perform position duties.
3. Ability to work at night performing inspections of reflectivity and lighting assets.
4. Ability to participate in client meetings as directed by the Quality Assurance Manager or requested by the Project Manager.
5. Ability to advise project personnel of Quality and client recommendations to improve performance.
6. Ability to monitor and maintain a current library of FDOT and all related agency policies and procedures required to perform work at contract standards.
7. Knowledge of the standard methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in maintenance work.
9. Knowledge of the proper use of safety equipment (i.e., shoes, hard hats, goggles, etc.) equipment operation, and materials handling.
10. Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions, day or night, in normal and emergency situations.
11. Ability to drive vehicles in a safe and conscientious manner.
12. Ability to climb, kneel, crouch, crawl, stoop and twist and perform duties using appropriate tools and equipment within safety standards.
13. Ability to walk over uneven ground.
14. Ability to accurately perform mathematic calculations.
15. Ability to read and write English.
16. Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions/instructions given in English.
17. Displays high standards of ethical conduct. Refrains from dishonest behavior.
18. Displays a high level of initiative, effort, attention to detail and commitment by completing assignments efficiently with minimal supervision.
19. Follows policy, cooperates with supervisors and aligns behavior with the goals of the organization.
20. Within 60 days of project startup and throughout employment, maintain an Advanced Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Certification (provided by the company).
21. Within 60 days of project startup and throughout employment, acquire and maintain the National Incident Management System (NIMS) Certifications for series 100, 200, and 700 Classifications.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
A candidate for this position should have a High School Diploma or GED; and at least five (5) years of quality control, construction inspection, roadway maintenance, roadway construction or public works. An equivalent combination of education and experience substituting 5 years of work experiences, with college or technical school coursework in business administration, construction technology/management, or engineering would be acceptable. Candidates must have excellent computer skills with Microsoft Windows environment to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Must have a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record upon hire. An ideal candidate would have 1 or more years of higher education and FDOT or other DOT certifications and knowledge of all DOT requirements for holding a commercial driver’s license.