The position functions as the Electrical Engineer, providing OBO a full range of critical engineering and construction quality assurance and management and technical oversight of the Copenhagen, Denmark Major Rehab project. The incumbent is responsible for performing technical inspections of electrical, fire alarm, technical security, and telecomm/data work, monitoring the contractor's quality control program, and reviewing project drawings and specifications to ensure compliance.
An Electrical Engineering degree from an accredited University is required for this position. Candidate must have experience with building construction related to onsite power distribution for large buildings, transformers, switch gear, utility poles and lines, electrical panel boards, branch ciruiting, lighting, and demolition. Experience with fire alarm systems, controls, telephone/data systems, and security systems is desirable. Must have a Final Secret, Top Secret, or final TS security clearance.
1. The incumbent ensures that the contractor is performing the required contract work in accordance with the design documents.
2. The incumbent must be able to read design/construction drawings and be able to understand design narratives and calculations.
3. Review engineering shop drawings and determine if the contractor has complied with the final design parameters.
4. Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly. Responsible for performing quality assurance tasks, ensuring contractor's work is properly inspected and corrective actions take place, ensuring materials meet contract, reviewing contractor submittals for compliance with contract requirements, and resolving conflicts.
5. Monitor the construction contractor’s quality assurance and safety program. Observe onsite construction and determine if construction elements are being installed, formed, and executed properly.
6. Monitor construction progress vis-à-vis the project schedule and submit weekly progress reports with recommendations based on the technical review of project documents and field inspections.
7. Perform technical inspections of the electrical elements of the project, including a general working knowledge of telecommunication systems, fire alarm systems, and technical security systems.
8. The incumbent must understand and be able to interpret drawings in his/her discipline and have a basic understanding of the principals of his/her engineering discipline and how it fits in with other engineering disciplines.
9. The incumbent must be able to review shop drawings and submittals from the contractor and determine if coordination with other disciplines are necessary in addition to monitoring on-going construction work to identify problems or non-compliance with design or contract specifications.
10. Prepares construction reports detailing construction progress and identifies any problem with the construction process related to the incumbent’s area of expertise. After problems are discovered, evaluate contractor’s proposed remedy. Formulate solutions for the Project Director/Construction Manager. Work on the Copenhagen, Denmark Project site construction will be performed to U.S. standards; the incumbent should have current working knowledge of acceptable products and procedures. Local codes and standards may also need to be reviewed for equivalency or substitution requests.
11. The incumbent will review design documents (drawings and specifications) that the A/E prepares as well as perform quality assurance for the construction project in his/her technical area of expertise.