Louis Berger is currently looking to expand its Structural/Bridge Engineering group within its Transportation Division Nationwide, and is seeking a Structural/Bridge Engineer to join the team at its Purchase, NY office.
The Structural/Bridge Engineer will have the opportunity to lead both local and national key projects, will work collaboratively with other engineers and with clients on projects with the State DOTs, regional and local agencies and will take on the following responsibilities:
- Leading and performing design calculations and bridge design through utilization design and CAD software.
- Developing and innovating non-standard structure details for unique and complex structures including highway and railroad bridges.
- Preparing contract bid documents including final plans, specifications and cost estimates for structural projects.
- Visiting project sites to perform bridge inspections, verify existing conditions during design, and provide construction support engineering.
- Coordinating with other disciplines within the transportation department including but not limited to survey, roadway, drainage and planning.
- Preparing technical and cost proposals.
- Mentoring junior engineers.
- Development of construction plans, cost estimates, specifications, and bid documents.