The candidate will perform Construction Management and Inspection Services on Projects mainly associated with Mainly airport paving and building concrete work, structural, maintenance of traffic, with some electrical, environmental and plumbing knowledge. knowledge is beneficial.
- Inspecting construction work and preparing and implementing directives for corrective action.
- Reviewing and implementing the contract documents and designs.
- Reviewing the modifications and change orders for approvals and implementations.
- Identify and correct violations on the job site
- Meet with and advise stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written. Verbal communication includes with Resident Engineer,
- Contract Staff, and facility staff both in person and via two way communications.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications and prepare written contract administration documentation, such as daily narratives (work reports), special inspection reports, daily time and material records, and document unit price work.
- Identify potential extra work issues and keep Resident Engineer advised of issues.
- Prepare estimates of extra work.
- Prepare related sketches and documentation.
- Review plans for constructability and prepare comments.
- Review contractor payment requests and recommend reasonableness to the Resident Engineer.
- Prepare accurate reports for close out