The candidate will perform Construction Management and Inspection Services on Projects mainly associated with Aeronautical lighting systems, electrical substations, high tension work, electronic controls and SCADA, security and camera systems, fire alarm monitoring systems, fire suppression systems, building management systems, and maintenance of traffic. Some mechanical, civil, structural and plumbing knowledge is beneficial. Excavation and concrete paving is a plus, Role is for ongoing construction projects in the NYC area.
- Inspecting construction work and preparing and implementing directives for corrective action.
- Reviewing and implementing the contract documents and designs.
- Reviewing the modifications and change orders for approvals and implementations.
- Identify and correct violations on the job site
- Meet with and advise stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written. Verbal communication
- includes with Resident Engineer, Contract Staff, and facility staff both in person and via two way communications.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications and prepare written contract administration documentation, such as daily narratives (work reports), special inspection reports, daily time and material records, and document unit price work.
- Identify potential extra work issues and keep Resident Engineer advised of issues.
- Prepare estimates of extra work.
- Prepare related sketches and documentation.
- Review plans for constructability and prepare comments.
- Review contractor payment requests and recommend reasonableness to the Resident Engineer.
- Working knowledge of the latest National Electric Code and testing criteria for all types of electrical systems.
- Prepare accurate reports for close out