Louis Berger Services is currently looking for a qualified Fuel Mechanic to fill positions in the Greenville, SC area.
Repairs, rebuilds overhauls, disassembles and assembles Tactical Equipment such as HUMMVS, AAVs, LAVs, engineer equipment, self-propelled and towed artillery and other equipment as required.
*This position is contingent upon a contract award.*
Install power packs, brakes, tubing, hydraulic and electrical components/wiring as required.
Performs troubleshooting as required by appropriate technical publications and directives.
Perform troubleshooting and repairs to fuel connections, electrical system, wiring, track and wheeled vehicle movement and repair like functions.
Apply modifications to tactical equipment as required.
Troubleshoot and identify cause of equipment malfunction, orders repair/ replacement parts and supplies as needed.
Inform supervisor or designee of work performed and keeps records of time applied to each job as required by shop supervisor or lead.
Accurately use specifications, blueprints, schematics, photographs and technical manuals in performance of duties.
Load material on and off of skids, pallets, stands.
Prepare labels/documents as required.
Prepare various reports relating to equipment as required.
Operate tools and equipment in performance of duties.
Make preventive maintenance adjustments to equipment.
Understand and abide by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Code of Business Conduct.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
- 4 years' experience as a mechanic on fuelding systems with military/base fueling systems preferred
- Licensed Fuel Mechanic (LFM) preferred
- Fluent English reading and writing skills to be able to read and understand guidance for day to day work requirements.
- May be required to obtain a DOD security clearance (level of clearance may vary depending on specific site requirements).
- Must maintain a valid United States driver’s license.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- May be asked to take a hands-on skills test to perform specific job related tasks.