The Project Manager will serve in a critical leadership role in Louis Berger Services’, Inc. (LBS) Infrastructure Asset Management (IAM) practice in the state of Texas. The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing key project initiatives of the State Highway 130 (SH130) Concession Company, an entity responsible for a 45 mile toll road southeast of Austin, TX. The Project Manager will direct and supervise project(s) delivering primarily roadway and bridge asset maintenance, rehabilitation or improvement projects.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Project Manager will implement key capital project initiatives associated with the company’s transportation assets to include; strategic bridge program, pavement renewal program, toll systems upgrade program, and other capital projects or initiatives as identified by the SH130 board of directors. The Project Manager is responsible for performing the following key duties and activities.
• Serves as the company’s Project Manager for capital projects performing maintenance, rehabilitation or upgrade of highway infrastructure assets, e.g. pavement, structures, drainage, tolling, line striping, etc.
• Serves as the company’s structures engineer and resident subject matter expert on all structure assets.
• Collaborates with the company’s Infrastructure Engineer on the scope and need for Capital Expenditures (CapEx) projects.
• Manages engineering consultants and contractors for Capital Expenditures (CapEx) projects, e.g. mill and fill pavement resurfacing program, guardrail replacement, electronic toll collection systems, and transportation management center upgrades.
• Serves as the main point of contact for senior management to communicate status and accomplishment of project objectives.
• Manages all aspects of a project’s scope, schedule and budget to drive efficiency and financial success.
• Ensures submission of all project records, reports, invoices and deliverables are done in a timely manner.
• Ensures project compliance with all Facility Concession Agreement (FCA) and TxDOT standards and specifications.
• Assists the Infrastructure Engineer in establishing project work plans, methods, budgets and scoping.
• Understands and abides by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Louis Berger Code of Business Conduct.
• Performs all other duties as prescribed by management.
The following are required skills upon hire for the position:
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering design, construction management or related field. A Texas Professional Engineer (PE) license is strongly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 10 years of overall work experience; Project Management Professional a plus.
• Five (5) years of directly applicable experience in project management.
• Knowledge of elementary engineering principles and standard methods used in highway design and construction, experience and expertise in structures desired.
• Ability to read and understand technical engineering drawings and plans.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software, including the ability to develop and use spreadsheets is required and familiarity with Project Management software tools preferred.
• Knowledge of TxDOT’s project delivery process is preferred.
• Must be able to prioritize variable/fluctuating and demanding workload to include flexible work hours/days as needed to meet schedule.
• Must be able to professionally interact with customers of all levels.
• Fluent English reading and writing skills to be able to read and understand government guidance for day to day work requirements.
• Must maintain a valid United States driver’s license.
• Must be willing to maintain appearance appropriate to assigned duties and responsibilities.
OTHER INFORMATION: The following additional information is provided in consideration for the position:
- Company vehicle, computer and cell phone provided
- Relocation and housing allowance considered
- Operations Center is located in Buda, TX—approx. 20 miles from downtown Austin, TX