The Senior Operations Manager will serve in a critical leadership role in Louis Berger Services’, Inc. (LBS) Infrastructure Asset Management (IAM) practice in the state of Texas. The Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the State Highway 130 (SH130) Concession Company, an entity responsible for a 45 mile toll road southeast of Austin, TX. The Senior Operations Manager will serve as a leader in transportation safety, quality, schedule, cost, and performance.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Senior Operations Manager will assume supervisory responsibilities over the maintenance and toll operations activities of the Company. S/he will be responsible for the successful performance of highway operations and maintenance, client satisfaction—Texas Department Transportation (TxDOT), compliance with the Facility Concession Agreement (FCA), and overall safe and effective operation of the SH130 transportation asset, property and personnel. The Senior Operations Manager will directly oversee the Road Maintenance, Toll Collection, and Field Systems/Devices Departments in the performance of the following activities.
• Serves as company’s FCA Manager
• Development of asset management focused monthly maintenance work plans.
• Day-to-day oversight of the company’s maintenance operations to include resource allocation, activity scheduling, workload prioritization, issue resolution, customer service, and TxDOT client interface.
• Oversight of personnel and subcontractors in the performance of operations and maintenance activities.
• Compliance with the FCA, TxDOT standards and specifications, and reporting requirements.
• Completion of deliverables and reporting requirements in accordance with the FCA to include preparing of monthly & quarterly reports.
• Ownership and implementation of the company safety program to include updating the company safety plan, safety training, regulatory compliance, and promoting the overall safe operation and culture of the company.
• Implementation of the critical asset management system.
• Updating the Facility Management Plan on an as needed basis, but no less than annually.
• Assist Engineering with development of annual renewal works plan and Capital Expenditures (CapEx) forecast
• Key stakeholder engagement to include TxDOT Project Managers and management counterparts, the Independent Engineer and the SH130 Concession Company board of directors.
• Assist the SH130 COO with other duties as required.
The following are required skills upon hire for the position:
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related field. A master’s degree in business administration or engineering with a Professional Engineer (PE) license is preferred.
• 15 years of progressive experience in tolling operations, transportation maintenance, engineering, or construction role. Experience in a state or local transportation agency or private toll authority preferred, TxDOT a plus.
• Five (5) years of demonstrated experience with regional or statewide maintenance and operations responsibility. Toll experience or awareness is preferred.
• Experience as an organizational leader with successful track record of successfully leading teams in the performance of operations and maintenance activities.
• Demonstrated experience in a broad range of responsibilities to include public involvement, program and project development, budgeting and management systems.
• Understand and abide by ethical behavior and integrity standards, per Louis Berger’s Code of Business Conduct.
OTHER INFORMATION: The following additional information is provided in consideration for the position:
- Company vehicle, computer and cell phone provided
- Relocation and housing allowance considered
- Operations Center is located in Buda, TX—approx. 20 miles from downtown Austin, TX