Louis Berger Services is currently looking to bring on a Fuels Accountant to fill a full time position at the Atlanta International Airport in Atlanta, GA.
Please note: This position is contingent upon award of contract. Position is located at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate completion of any required inventory and finance activity. Additional duties will vary according to local requirements and may include administrative support to the General Manager. Responsible for maintaining inventory, sale and credit documentation to facilitate efficient, cost effective, safe and reliable operations of all jet fuel receiving, storage and dispensing facilities and GSE receiving, storage and dispensing facilities.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Maintains accurate records of fuel inventories, sales, credits and confirm deliveries.
• Monitors the receipt of fuel as well as dispensing of fuel, determine excessive fuel losses and improper fuel dispensing.
• Uses real-time information systems and manipulates data within the Fuels Management Software, related fuel management modules, status systems or related accounting system.
• Assist in preparing vendor payments and billings to ensure they are accurately and timely completed.
• Daily collection of Bills of Lading, into plane fuel tickets, and any required paperwork to reconcile fuel receipts, dispense and inventory for all facilities.
• Maintain records for the receipt and dispensing of FTZ bonded fuels and reporting same to FTZ Broker.
• Coordinate fuel disruptions through A4A, maintaining and reporting to Department of Aviation officials the status of interruptions.
• Always seek opportunities to improve efficiencies and accuracy of record keeping of all facilities.
• Build and maintain relationships with suppliers, transportation companies, into plane operators, airport, and employees through professional, ethical behavior, and communication.
• Serve Management and the internal team as you would a Customer, seeking to work together to solve any fuel supply or fuel services issues that will arise.
• Fully knowledgeable of manual and automated fuel management and accounting systems, and the supply computer systems applicable to the processing of fuel management accounting data; and ATA 103 for the receipt, handling, issue, inventory, and accounting of petroleum products.
• Capable of manipulating files and resolving issues required to maintain functional records & reporting system
• Minimum Two (2) years of accounting / administrative experience with understanding of basic accounting principles.
• Ability to work independently
• Aviation/Airline experience is preferred.
• Must possess strong organizational skills.
• Must be optimistic, enthusiastic and want to help the team succeed.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.