Louis Berger Services is currently looking to fill the position of Lead Fuels Technician to fill our open positions at the Atlanta International Airport, Atlanta, GA.
Please note: This position is contingent upon award of contract. Position is located at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
The duties of Shift Leads are the same as that of Fuel Supply Technicians and, in addition, as working members of the group, they may be charged with the responsibility of leading, directing and training the work of other employees in the Fuel Supply Technician classification. Under the daily supervision of the Facility Manager for all phases of fuel receipt and issue, including gauging of tanks, quality control, inventory management, system maintenance, and all other related duties, with assistance as needed from the General Manager. Ensure through definitive methods that product meets or exceeds quality standards set forth; ensure all work is completed in a timely manner, contributing to a safe and efficient operation.
• Reports daily to the manager(s) detailing status of daily operations.
• Conducts weekly safety briefings as necessary.
• To maintain an uncompromising dedication to providing high quality service to all of our customers at a fair and reasonable price. This is achieved by accomplishing all duties in accordance with established airline regulations.
• Receive, Store, Issue, and Transfer Aviation Jet Fuel and ground fuel in a safe and efficient manner, while carefully monitoring and recording all pertinent information.
• Perform daily system inspections and required operator maintenance functions in accordance with ATA Spec. 103 and local operating procedures.
• Review the daily pipeline receipt schedule and plan for sufficient tank ullage on next day allotments.
• Complete and Maintain appropriate documentation on operational matters in accordance with established procedures.
• Perform a variety of fuel Quality Tests and analysis, in accordance with ATA Spec. 103 and established procedures.
• Maintain knowledge of ATA Spec. 103, the Operations Manual and other posted Regulations associated with the fueling industry.
• Complete all assignments directed by Management in a safe, efficient and timely manner as required by Company rules and regulations and all Federal, State and local laws.
• Continually inspect operations for unusual circumstances at the fuel tank farm areas such as: low/high pressure, leaks and unauthorized personnel, etc... This category as stated is not exclusive.
• Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, notwithstanding work in other functional areas to cover absences and relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load.
• Two years’ experience in operation of bulk fuel distribution systems
• Experience with petroleum sampling equipment, aviation and ground fuel sampling procedures, and fuel testing
• Proficient in regulations regarding fuel handling equipment and systems
• Working knowledge of automated fuel gauging systems, high/low level alarms, & cathodic protection systems
• Valid State Driver's License
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, loss/gain, inventory etc
• Proficiency of the English language both written and verbal