Louis Berger Services is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill positions at the Atlanta International Airport in Atlanta, GA.
Please note: This position is contingent upon award of contract. Position is located at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.
The ideal candidate would, under the daily supervision of the Lead Fuels Technician with assistance as needed from the Facility Manager, be responsible for safe and timely set-up, monitoring and transfer of fuel movements during a specific shift assignment and ensure through definitive methods that product meets or exceeds quality standards set forth; ensure all work is completed in a timely manner, contributing to a safe and efficient operation.
• Perform receipt, issue, storage, spill cleanup, maintenance scheduling, hazardous waste, and fuel quality assurance operations
• Perform the full spectrum of quality assurance sampling and testing as may be required, to include weekend and holiday fuel support to meet ATA 103 and ASTM D-1655, latest revision
• Sample petroleum handling equipment and systems by various methods and means, from receipt to product issue
• Perform operation, maintenance, and calibration of lab equipment, recordkeeping, and lab safety procedures
• Inspect, evaluate condition of, and maintain fuel storage tanks, pipelines, piping systems, product pump, filter, meter, gauge, and flow control mechanisms, and other petroleum system components
• Detect system malfunction/misalignment/leaks/adjustment issues, and perform scheduled and unscheduled system maintenance
• Remove, repair, and replace system components
• Complete all assignments directed by Management in a safe, efficient and timely manner as required by Company rules and regulations and all Federal, State and local laws.
• Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, notwithstanding work in other functional areas to cover absences and relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load.
• Have practical experience in operation of bulk fuel distribution systems and pipeline operations
• Experienced in use of common fuel sampling equipment, aviation and ground fuel sampling procedures, and conducting laboratory tests of petroleum products
• Trained in applicable regulations regarding petroleum handling equipment and systems
• Have a knowledge of automated tank gauging systems, high/low level alarms, and cathodic protection systems
• High School Diploma/GED
• Valid State Driver's License
• Proficiency of the English language both written and verbal