Providing technical support and task management of water resource engineering planning and design projects such as hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, flood problem assessment, water quality analysis, habitat restoration, surface water utility program planning, storm drain analysis for civil and transportation projects, design development of water resource and surface water management projects including cost estimating, design drawing development, and contract specifications. Field work may be required.
4 years minimum experience, salary depending on experience.
· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, and teamwork skills.
· BS in Civil Engineering, or closely related field, from an accredited University required.
· experience in grading, stormwater management, drainage design, stream hydrology and hydraulics, stormwater treatment, design preparation including plans, specifications, cost estimates
· Competence in ESRI ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil 3D/LDD, and familiarity with grading and earthwork concepts.
· Sound knowledge of hydrologic/hydrologic modeling concepts and familiarity with models such as HEC-RAS, SWMM, WWHM, KCRTS or MGSFlood.
· Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
· Preferred Characteristic and skills:
o Masters degree in civil engineering, or closely related field.
o -In-depth experience using the above mentioned models plus others such as EPA SWMM, HEC-HMS, HEC GeoHMS, HEC GeoRAS, StormCAD, HSPF a plus.
o Experience developing bid packages, including plans, construction cost estimates, and technical specifications. Low impact develop (LID) experience and/or certification.